FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight Years Already

For eight years I have dreaded September 11th. Not on a personal basis or even on the basis that I want to seek revenge, but simply because it's human nature to avoid unpleasant events. Unpleasant...that word doesn't even amount to the magnitude of death, destruction, sadness and fear we all watched unravel on September 11, 2001 and the days following. Growing up, everyone spoke about where they were or what they were doing on December 7, 1941 when Pearl Harbor was attacked or when Vietnam became the topic among the media in the '60s, but now our generation remembers 9/11. I remember thinking that there is no way our country would forget about this day or the thousands of innocent American lives that were lost, but it seems we have indeed forgotten the feeling of helplessness that overwhelmed us all. I am no extreme Conservative or zealous Liberal but I seem to find myself somewhere among the moderate crowd. I think every case is different and one rule or law will not answer every question and bring resolution to every incident. But why is it that these uncivilized, ungrateful, fanatical Muslims are given the same rights as the innocent people they murdered? I understand that America is a country founded upon rights and promises to "ensure domestic tranquility" but are we so easily convinced that they won't do this again? Really...?? What about the promise of justice and protecting the general welfare of us? The fighting among the Palestinians and Israelis has been ongoing since biblical times which seems to leave much room for error among those in office who have promised world-peace...my opinion...

I remember being so innocent and unworldly when the first plane struck the World Trade Center. I was a sophomore in high school and heard the news after my mom called to tell me to turn on the TV. "It's probably an accident...someone must have fallen asleep or the controls must have gone crazy..." I said. Then the second plane hit, then the Pentagon, then flight 93...
I was shocked.
Overwhelmed.
Confused.
Disgusted.
Scared.

Being an American should entitle us with the feeling of peace and security...the things that were so
quickly taken away from our generation and have yet to be returned. No one can blame one person for these events and there is certainly not one person that can fix all of the hatred that has consumed those in the Middle East. The only thing, in my opionion, we can do is remember those fallen fire fighters, the courageous passengers on United flight 93, the terrified people in the WTC towers and the Pentagon...and of course all of their families. We cannot forget how we felt when we watched the towers collapse. Nor can we forget all of the men and women who enlisted in the military after these events to protect us from future attacks. These are our responsibilities. To remember...

Follow this article...
Betraying Our Dead 

4 comments:

Constantin Gabor said...

So...you believe it was a terrorist attack?
There's so much proof out there that is was a controlled demolition...
The twin towers were designed to withstand such airliners impacts...
I'm not from US but I watched so many documentaries and it's certain for me that it was a demolition.
Don't trust TV!

Greener Bangalore said...

Let peace prevail everywhere and god bless one and all.....!!!

Southern Dialogue said...

Aren't documentaries on TV...?? JW.

Hello-Holly said...

OMGosh!!! Demolition??? And I bet you saw on TV that that haircut was in style!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something young woman growing up and experiencing the things my mother warned me about...love, friendship, hard work, disappointment and success.