FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Welcome to Me...

Well, lets see...I am 22 with alot of recent changes... I graduated from Woodmont High School in Greenville SC in 2003. From there, I went to school at the University of South Carolina Upsate where I graduated with a degree in Communications and Marketing. College prepared me for one thing..."a shoking reality!" After going to class day after day and semester after semester, I began to think that it would pay off tremendously and there wouldn't be a day I had to live paycheck to paycheck. Well..as all of the 'grown-ups' who have been around the block know I hit a brick wall when I realized that college was not put in place to hand you money!! Who would have thought...??? Anyways, I worked at Express in Spartanburg for 4 years throughout college where I met some of my best friends with whom I have luckily kept in touch with over the years. I dated...I partied...and experienced college with some of the best people I know!



I graduated from school in May of 2007 and got a job in August 2007 at the Hampton Inn and Suites RiverPlace downtown Greenville. I was thrilled! For those of you who aren't familiar with downtown, it is beautiful! Over the last 4-5 years, Greenville has grown into a spectacular place to live. There are numerous places to hang out if you are looking to party, eat at some great restaraunts, or got to some great events all down Main St. Anyways, I began working in Sales and have recently moved to Guest Service Manager...I am taking it one day at a time (this will be a whole other blog...).



Working full-time has put a huge spin on my life from what I was accustomed to in college. Although I enjoy being able to provide for myself and claim my responsibilities, it is frustrating when my friends are still able to enjoy somewhat of a social life. I love to go out and have a few drinks with my friends at times. Life has completely overwhelmed me and according to 'it' I am no longer allowed to have a social life. ;) I work all day and come home to my apartment to see what my pets have for me! I try to get up early and go to the gym but it is easier said than done! I really try to take full advantage of sleep and peace and quiet! Peace and quiet...it seems to be the consensus of my life right now. I have taken on a lighter work load (since my transition), I am taking a step back from a serious relationship, and my friends have moved all around. It seems that I have alot of new free time to find myself...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something young woman growing up and experiencing the things my mother warned me about...love, friendship, hard work, disappointment and success.