FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ohhh...What to Wear!

Could a routine become interesting through words?  Write about a person (perhaps you) caught up in a daily routine.  Establish a rhythm with the story’s words that impersonates the rhythm of the routine. --Mama Kat


Showered...check.

Shaved...check.

Make-up on...check.

Hair dried...check.

Now to get dressed. The longest process of my morning (sometimes afternoon...) routine.

First and foremost, what color is my eyeshadow today? Brown-ish, gray-ish, or pink-ish...?? Ok, more along the lines of brown-ish...well, sort of tan. What's the name of this eyeshadow?? I must dig through my make-up basket and find out!!!

10 minutes later...

...so no red outfits today.

Nevermind...we'll start with the pants. Or should I wear a skirt? Leggings? What's the weather going to be like today?? I'll just go downstairs, turn on the TV and check the weather...

Wait!! What Not to Wear is on right now?!! Super!! I've never seen this one!

30 minutes later...

So I missed the weather report. Well, it looks like it's going to be nice. I'll choose jeans just in case it gets chilly.

Pants...check.

Now, which jeans??
 
  Dark wash?
   Light wash?
    Straight leg?
       Boot cut?
       
Ok...since the light wash isn't my favorite and I'm having a "fat day" I won't choose the straight leg. By process of elimination I have chosen my dark wash, boot cut jeans.

Now...hhmmmm...what color top?? No navy colors because I don't feel like matching my blues together. No black or gray because my eyeshadow is brownish. Lets do........

uuummmm............white! That's simple. Right??

Now to try on.
   Nope, that ones too see-through. 
     Nuh-uh...that ones too short. 
       Ugh...this one shrunk! 
         No way..that one looks like a hoochie shirt!! 

 15 minutes later...

AAAhhhh....this one looks cute...simple white shirt! Now turn around and make sure you look just as cute going as you do coming!! Yep!! I do!! Now the shoes...

What are my plans today?? I'm not working. I'm not lounging around. I think I'll go and walk around downtown. Yes! My boots!! Perfect!! Tan boots with a slight heel!!

Jewelry...I like gold. Matte gold. Nothing flashy.  Try on several so you don't think about which one you should've worn all day. Ok..I'll wear my gold hoops, long beaded necklace, thick leather watch, gold ring and...that about does it!!

Turning off the radio and checking myself a couple times in the mirror...change my shoes a couple of times until I end up with the same boots I started with.

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...
  Sweater? No.  
    Different earrings? No! 
      Bracelet with the watch? Too much!
        Hair up? Leave it alone!

Just leave already!!!

In the car turning on the radio...dang it!! I forgot perfume!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ohhh, I can sooo relate! Guys don't understand why it takes us so long to get ready...haha but It's a PROCESS!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something young woman growing up and experiencing the things my mother warned me about...love, friendship, hard work, disappointment and success.