FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rearranging a Few Things

As of November 23rd my lease will expire with my apartment complex and I am going to have to move...again!! I lost count a long time ago as to how many times I have had to move. That process moved to the top of my "least favorite things to do" list very quickly! I have been in my apartment for one year and chose to live on the third floor. At the time it sounded like a great idea as the vaulted ceiling, fire place and screened in porch balanced out the fact that I would have to lug all of my crap up three flights of stairs. Now, a year later, I am going to start packing everything up and find a moving company to do the hard work. I made my mind up that there are some things that are worth paying for...and moving is one of them!


My second resolution to this "inconvenient affliction" is to have a HUGE yard sell. I don't mean just selling a few knick-knacks and books, I'm talking about selling my couch, loveseat, washer & dryer, entertainment center, the extra table I have on my porch and anything else that is heavy and needs to be replaced. My pets have been kind enough to destroy my couch cushions to the point that I am tired of dealing with it. The dryer is missing a knob from the short time my brother borrowed it--now it has to be turned on with plyers! And my washing machine...which I just found out two weeks ago--cannot be turned to 'large load' because it will overflow!! Yes, I am on the third floor and my washer overflowed throughout the majority of my apartment!! Now that I think about it...that would have been a great topic to blog about...oh well.


So, back to the yard sale. I have never had a personal yard sale and figured it would be a good topic to Google...so I did. I found this website by the Yard Sale Queen where I was able to find a ton of great advice...stuff that I would never have thought about! I mean, if I'm going to sell my stuff I need to make sure that I have everything I need..right?? So, being the neurotic organizer that I am, I made a list of the things I am going to sell and what I need to prepare for. Assuming that I sell the majority of my things, I am then going to invest my earnings towards new stuff!!! FUN FUN FUN!!! After I decided on this whole idea, I browsed through Craigslist.com until my eyes crossed. If you are ever in need of anything this is the place to go!! I was introduced to this website when I started looking for rental properties and have since found some great stuff!! Last night, I found tons of furniture that looks to be in good condition for great prices along with job openings, pets for sell (don't worry...I'm not getting another pet!!!) and moving companies. One stop shop, huh??!!


Sooo...about the place I'm moving to...you may ask...my brother and I are going Tuesday or Wednesday to talk to the agent about the terms of the lease and to let him take a look at the house. Yes...I am moving in with my brother...but I figure it would be less stressful than having an actual 'roommate.' We already know we can live together and more than likely have the same bad habits hahaha!! (Not sure if that is a good or bad thing...!). The potential house we are looking at is a 2 bedroom 1 bath duplex that is downtown Greenville right next to Cleveland Park. It has hardwood floors, washer/dryer connections (a BIG plus!!!), stove, fridge and carport. Not to mention it is about $40.00 less than what I am paying now!!! Timmy and I have decided that I will take care of the rent as long as he pays the bills...another thing that could be good or bad...ha!

Needless to say I'm pretty excited about the whole thing!! Just hoping everything works out for the best! If you have any advice, I would love to hear it!! Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck with your yard sale! I feel your pain with moving. I moved into a different place every year of college and twice since I graduated! I have gotten rid of countless things, mostly given to charity. (I was always too lazy for a yard sale! That means getting up early on a weekend!) Hope everything works out living with your brother!

Lindsay said...

I could NOT live with my brother! The time that I spent at home with him was enough. (He is a super slob, though.)

Good luck with your yard sale! I had one a few months ago, and it wasn't too bad. Just a little planning will definitely help. I'd enlist some help from family and friends, too. It'll make time go faster, and sometimes people try to steal things so the extra eyes will help.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 20-something young woman growing up and experiencing the things my mother warned me about...love, friendship, hard work, disappointment and success.